Covid Booster Dose Registration 2023 Started at cowin.gov.in. A booster shot of the vaccine re-strengthens our immunity against the deadly coronavirus which is the need of the hour. With several deadly variants of the virus and their mutations, it is important to get the booster shot that protects us further after the first two doses of the vaccine. Now it is also called the precautions dose.
Also Read – Vaccine Certificate Download by Mobile Number.
Here is a govt advisory for taking precaution dose for HCW / FLW & Senior Citizens (60+ years):
Table of Contents
Covid 3rd Dose in India: A brief Information
|Name of Vaccine
|Type of Dose
|Where to register
|When to administer Booster Vaccine
|After 39 weeks from date of 2nd dose
|Is registration mandatory
|No, walk ins are allowed
The registration for the booster shot has been started in India from 10th January 2022. If you are a citizen of India who has been given the first two doses of the vaccine, you are eligible for this booster shot. You can register yourself for the booster shot from the official CoWIN portal of the Indian government i.e www.cowin.gov.in.
The government has declared that no registration is required for the booster shot and walk-ins are allowed. But it is always advisable to register yourself through the official portal so that you can easily get a fixed slot.
Who are eligible for COVID Booster Dose?
Given the present situation, booster dose will be given only to those registered as frontline workers (FLW) like nurses and doctors along with other healthcare workers (HCW) and senior citizens. But it’s essential to note that they can only get this dose if they had already received the first two shots.
Also, there needs to be a time gap of at least 9 months or 39 weeks after the second dose before a frontline worker or a senior citizen can get the precaution shot. The option for Precaution dose will only be visible to eligible citizens whose last shot was at least nine months back. Consulting a doctor is not necessary for taking the third jab but it is recommended for senior citizens with major health problems.
How to Register at cowin.gov.in for Covid Precautions Dose?
It is essential to get the third jab to protect ourselves further against the deadly virus. You can simply login into your existing account if you had already registered earlier. So you do not need to re-register yourself from the CoWIN portal. If you wish to register yourself from the portal, follow the steps given below –
- First of all, go to the official website or click on this link – https://www.cowin.gov.in/ .
- Click on the option “Register/Sign in”.
- A page will appear asking for your mobile number. Enter the concerned number and click on “Get OTP”. If someone else registered on your behalf, ask them for the OTP as it will be sent to their mobile number. Do not forget that only a maximum of four people can be registered through one account in the CoWIN portal.
- A six-digit OTP will be sent to the mobile number. Enter the given OTP in the space provided. Then click on “Verify and Proceed”.
- If you are eligible for the booster shot, the available slots for “Precaution Dose” will appear on the screen in the Appointments module. Click on the option to book your slot.
- After booking, you will receive the time, date, and address of the vaccination centre.
If you follow the procedure mentioned above, you will be able to get the precaution dose or the booster jab without any hassle. After your slot is booked, you will receive a message on the registered mobile number with the details regarding your slot. Post booking, you can only reschedule it but it cannot be cancelled. After taking the third dose, you can also download a certificate proving the same from the official website.