Apply for West Bengal Domicile Certificate / Residential Certificate Online – Download Offline Form PDF & Proforma.
What is a Domicile Certificate in West Bengal?
A WB Residential certificate is provided to a citizen by the State authority concerned. It is also called a Domicile certificate in West Bengal. This acts as proof that the person concerned is a citizen of a specific state. It confirms that the citizen has been living in that state for a long time and is thus a permanent resident of the state. A residential certificate or a domicile certificate of a person can only be of one state or union territory. Having a residential certificate from two or more states or union territories is illegal and a serious offence.
If you want to know the application process, eligibility criteria, documents required, and so on for getting a domicile certificate of West Bengal then keep reading this article. We have covered all the relevant information.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for applying to West Bengal Residential Certificate?
The only criteria for applying to the Residential Certificate is that the applicant must be a Citizen of India and the Residents of the state of West Bengal.
Process to Apply online for Domicile Certificate in West Bengal through edistrict.wb.gov.in?
Step 1: First of all, go to the official website of the West Bengal e-district. You can simply use this link to submit online application form for local residential certificate – edistrict.wb.gov.in.
Step 2: On the homepage, you will find a pane asking you to log in. Login with the details as asked for if you had already registered earlier. If you have not registered earlier, you need to register first and then log in. You will find both the options for login and register on the right-hand side of the homepage.
Step 3: After logging in, a list of all the services provided by the West Bengal e-district will appear on the homepage.
Step 4: Under the ‘District’ column, you will find an option called ‘Local Residence (Domicile Certificate )’.
Step 5: A page will appear asking you to fill in all the required details of the applicant. Fill in all the information asked for, like your name, educational qualifications, current address, details of residence for the last 15 years, and so on.
Step 6: Click on the ‘Save & Next’ button. Another page will appear asking you to upload supporting documents. You can do that if you wish to proceed or you can also take a printout of the page or even cancel the application.
Step 7: After uploading all the documents asked for, click on ‘Submit’ and your application will be submitted.
After your application has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement stating various details about your application. It also contains the details of the person to be contacted for further doubts or queries.
What are the Documents Required to submit along with Domicile Certificate Form
- Proof of Residence – Documents as evidence of rented house ( photocopy of land deed or rent receipt copy ), residential land, or the residential certificate issued by the SDO.
- Identity Proof – Aadhar card/ Ration card/ PAN card/ Driving license/ Passport/ Government ID card, photocopy of Gorkha certificate ( issued by the DGHC ), certificate provided by gram panchayat Pradhan/MLA/MP, or a self-attested copy of the call letter that has been issued by the Army, BSF, CRPF, CISF, SSB, ITBP or EFR.
- Proof of Birth – Birth certificate or photocopy of secondary/class 10 admit card.
- Self-attested and coloured passport size photograph.
How to check Residential Certificate Application Status?
After you have submitted your form, you can check the application status through the following steps:
- Visit the official West Bengal e-district website https://edistrict.wb.gov.in/PACE/login.do and log in.
- Click on the ‘View Status’ tab.
- A page will appear asking you to enter the 16 digit application identification number. This is the unique number that would be generated after the successful submission of your application form.
Steps to Download West Bengal Domicile Certificate PDF
- Go to the official website.
- From the homepage, click on the ‘Approved Applications’ tab.
- From the list of approved applications that appears, select the name of the service.
- Provide your acknowledgment number on the space provided and then click on a particular application.
- From the page that appears, you will get an option to download the residential certificate.
There is no fee required to be paid. However, if you apply through CSC, Rs. 20 Fee will have to be submitted.
Within 1 Month, you will get your residential certificate.
The official website is www.edistrict.wb.gov.in.
Yes, you can download the blank format or proforma of residential certificate. However, if you apply through edistrict, you will get a signed copy of your own local residence certificate.