EWS or Economically Weaker Section in India is the category of people who do not belong to any minority caste group but are financially weak. They belong to the general or the unreserved category of people and are thus not from any SC/ST/OBC or other such communities. Here we will be discussing about Economically Weaker Section Certificate, Online Application Form Status, Link and process to apply online, and link to Download EWS Certificate online.
Also Read – Caste Certificate Status 2022.
What is an EWS Certificate?
EWS certificate allows you to enjoy certain benefits which you cannot normally avail yourself of as someone from the unreserved category. People with this certificate hold 10% reservation in any educational institution or government service in West Bengal.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for EWS Certificate
As you can see, there are some eligibility criteria for getting an EWS certificate issued for you. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- People who do not belong to the SC/ST/OBC or any such minority community can apply for the certificate.
- The gross family income will be verified from all sources like salary, profession, job, business, etc. This should not be exceeding 8 lakhs in a year. The income of the year before the year of application for the EWS certificate is to be checked.
- It is also necessary that the family of the candidate who is applying doesn’t hold some specific assets. These assets include:
- Agricultural land of 5 acres and above.
- A residential apartment that is of 1000 sq. ft. or above.
- A residential plot of land 100 sq. yards or more in certain municipalities.
- Residential plot of land that is 200 sq. yards or more in all other municipalities.
- If a family holds property in different locations, then all those properties would be assessed as one single unit.
- The applicant’s family, for the Economically Weaker Section certificate, includes the applicant, his/her parents, spouse, siblings, and children below 18 years of age.
From where Can I get EWS Certificate?
If you wish to apply for the certificate then you must collect your “Income and Asset Certificate” from certain authorities. These authorities or departments as given in Annexure C are as follows:
- Sub-Divisional Officer
- District Magistrate.
- Municipal Corporation.
You can apply for Income Certificate & Download it Online by clicking here.
EWS Certificate Application Form – Step by Step Application Process:
- First of all, you need to download the EWS application form. You can use this link for the download – Click Here to Download PDF file.
- Take a printout of the downloaded application form and fill in all the details asked for.
- After filling up the form, attach these documents along with it:
- Citizenship certificate or EPIC of the applicant or his/her parents.
- Self/Parent’s PAN card.
- Birth certificate/Madhyamik admit card of the candidate.
- Payslip of the applicant or his/her parents.
- Domicile certificate.
- ROR/Registered deed.
- Self-declaration of family income, family assets, and sub-caste.
- Certificate verifying the sub-caste.
- Submit the application form along with the aforementioned documents to the relevant authority.
Can I Apply for EWS Certificate Online?
Yes, you can submit online application form for EWS Certificate. But not all states and UTs provide the online application facility for EWS Certificate yet.
How much time will it take to get EWS Certificate After Submitting Application Form?
Once, the application is submitted, it will be thoroughly verified and checked. If even one detail is found to be false or incorrect then the application is liable to be rejected right away. On the other hand, if all the details in the application are found to be genuine, satisfactory, and correct, the EWS certificate of the applicant will be issued by the concerned authority. It will be issued in the format that has been prescribed in Annexure C.
Validity of EWS Certificate
Every EWS certificate will be valid for up to one year, till 31st March of that financial year. Once this period is over, you will need to apply for renewal.