How to get EWS Certificate in West Bengal in 2023 – EWS or Economically Weaker Section in India is the category of people who do not belong to any minority caste group but are financially weak. They belong to the general or the unreserved category of people and are thus not from any SC/ST/OBC or other such communities.
Also Read – Caste Certificate Status 2023
Table of Contents
What is an EWS Certificate – A Brief Summary
|Name of Certificate
|EWS or Economically Weaker Section Certificate
|People who belong to Economically Weaker Class
|10% Reservation in some States for Admission in Academic Institutions & Jobs
|Government of West Bengal
|EWS Certificate Issuing Authority
|DM / ADM or SDO or DWO Kolkata
- People who do not belong to the SC / ST / OBC or any such minority community can apply for the certificate.
- It is also necessary that the family of the candidate who is applying doesn’t hold some specific assets. These assets include:
- Agricultural land of 5 acres and above.
- A residential apartment that is of 1000 sq. ft. or above.
- A residential plot of land 100 sq. yards or more in certain municipalities.
- Residential plot of land that is 200 sq. yards or more in all other municipalities.
From where Can I get EWS Certificate?
If you wish to apply for the certificate then you must collect your “Income and Asset Certificate” from certain authorities. These authorities or departments as given in Annexure C are as follows:
- Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO)
- District Magistrate (DM)
- Municipal Corporation Office.
You can apply for Income Certificate & Download it Online by clicking here.
EWS Certificate Application Form – Step by Step Application Process:
- First of all, you need to download the EWS application form. Link to download the application form is provided in the table at the end of the post.
- Take a printout of the downloaded application form and fill in all the details asked for.
- After filling up the form, attach these documents along with it:
- Submit the application form along with the aforementioned documents to the relevant authority.
Documents Required for Submitting Application Form
- Voter Card of the applicant or his/her parents.
- Self/Parent’s PAN card.
- Birth certificate/Madhyamik admit card of the candidate.
- Payslip of the applicant or his/her parents.
- Domicile certificate.
- ROR/Registered deed.
- Self-declaration of family income, family assets, and sub-caste.
- Certificate verifying the sub-caste.
Can I Apply for West Bengal EWS Certificate Online?
Yes, you can submit online application form for EWS Certificate. But not all states and UTs provide the online application facility for EWS Certificate yet.
How much time will it take to get EWS Certificate After Submitting Application Form?
Once, the application is submitted, it will be thoroughly verified and checked. If even one detail is found to be false or incorrect then the application is liable to be rejected right away.
On the other hand, if all the details in the application are found to be genuine, satisfactory, and correct, the EWS certificate of the applicant will be issued by the concerned authority. It will be issued in the format that has been prescribed in Annexure C.
Validity of EWS Certificate
Every EWS certificate will be valid for up to one year, till 31st March of that financial year. Once this period is over, you will need to apply for renewal.
EWS Certificate Download Link
|Download EWS Certificate Application Form
|Click Here to Download PDF
|SC / ST / OBC (Caste) Certificate
|Click Here to Apply Online
|Check PSCWB Homepage for other Scheme
|Download Birth Certificate (West Bengal)
Frequently Asked Questions on EWS Certificate
Those who belong to certain level of poverty, can apply for EWS Certificate. The criteria for being eligible to EWS Category is mentioned by the government.
No, you can not apply for EWS Certificate online.
Yes, 10% seats are reserved for EWS category candidates in some states.