ABHA Card 2022 | Online Registration Link, Eligibility Criteria, Links to Apply Online, Creation of ABHA ID – Check All Details about Digital Health ID Card.
About the Digital Health ID Card Scheme
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare under the Government of India recently launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission or ABDM. ABDM’s objective is to support the unified digital health infrastructure of India. It would help diminish the existing differences between the stakeholders of the healthcare field, digitally. The Government of India has launched the Digital Health Card under the ABDM. This Health ID Card has been renamed as Ayushman Bharat Health Account or ABHA in short.
Also Read – WB Health Scheme 2022.
What is ABHA ID Card?
To have their health records digitally available on the ABHA Card, the citizens should first have an Ayushman Bharat Health Account or ABHA.
ABHA is a 14 digit number that is randomly generated. This acts as a unique authentication of a person with which the government identifies him/her and stores their health records.
All this is done with the proper consent of the citizen concerned.
Interested citizens can apply for the digital health card by registering themselves through the official website – healthid.ndhm.gov.in.
Also Read – WB Health Cashless Scheme 2022.
Brief Information on Health ID Card – AABHA Card
|Name of Scheme||Digital Health ID Card|
|Also Known as||ABHA or aabha|
|Parent Scheme||Ayushman Bharat|
|Authority||National Health Authority|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of India|
|Official Website for Registration||www.healthid.ndhm.gov.in|
|Helpline||1800-11-4477 / 14477|
Personal Health History through ABHA ID Card
The citizens can use this ABHA Card to store their complete health history. They can also delete their health history at any point in time. The Digital Health Card can be used to store and manage health data in a secured manner. It also is of great convenience as they have access to their complete health data at their fingertips.
Benefits of Digital Health ID Card
The benefits of ABHA or having a digital health card can be summarized as follows:
- You can store all your health records, test reports, and other similar details on your account.
- You can access this information whenever you want using your 14 digit Health ID.
- Sharing your complete health record with your doctor/physician helps them to provide a better diagnosis. This in turn helps you to receive better and more accurate treatment.
- One would always require the 14 digit Health ID to access information regarding your health. Therefore, none of the information recorded can be accessed without the consent of the citizen concerned.
- Thus, you get to store all your health reports and test results safely. You can also delete the stored information anytime you want, thus, giving you total control over the stored information.
- You can also share your health records as per your wish.
- It is a secured platform as an OTP will be required to access your health records at any health care center. This OTP will be sent only to the mobile number submitted during registration.
Digital Health ID Card Online Registration
If you wish to apply for the digital health card then you will need to provide some documents as follows:
- Aadhar card
- Birth certificate
- Address proof and mobile number.
One can also use their PAN card or driving license for the authentication process. It is also okay if you do not wish to use your Aadhar card for registration. You can register without it as well. For verification of your birth records, class 10 admit card can also be used instead of the birth certificate.
ABHA ID Creation – Digital Health Card How to Apply
Procedure to register for the Digital Health Card online:
Step 1: First of all, you need to go to the official ABHA website – healthid.ndhm.gov.in.
Step 2: On the homepage, you will find the “Generate ABHA” tab on the menu section. Click on it as shown below:
Step 3: A page will appear asking you whether you want to generate ABHA using your Aadhar card or your driving license.
Click on the option you wish to use for registration.
Step 4: Enter your Aadhar card or Driving license number in the prescribed box.
Step 5: Check the boxes “I Agree” and “I am not Robot“. Then click on ‘Submit‘. You will then be required to enter your mobile number, name, address, and other such details as asked for.
Step 5: Make sure you have entered the details correctly. Then click on submit to get your 14 digit ABHA ID Card in a digital format.