West Bengal KanyaShree Prakalpa 2023: Download Application Form, Check Updates, Scheme Details, Eligibility, Benefits.
Table of Contents
What is Kanyashree Prakalpa?
The Government of West Bengal has launched many different schemes to help the citizens to have a better life. The Kanyashree Prakalpa was introduced to help the girls of economically backward families to complete their basic schooling without any hassles. From this article, you will come to know more about this scheme, its benefits, eligibility criteria, the application process, and so on.
Also Read – Laxmi Bhandar Status Check Online 2023.
Objective of Kanyashree Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to assist the girls financially. Moreover, it prevents their families from getting them married before they are at least 18 years old. Under the Kanyashree Prakalpa, the West Bengal Government will annually provide a certain amount to the girl. This will help her family financially if the girl continues to pursue education at least till the 12th standard. Thus, it ensures the education of a girl child of the state and helps her if any financial setback occurs. The Kanyashree Prakalpa scheme thus delays the marriage of the girl, preventing child marriage in West Bengal.
Benefits Provided to Citizens by the Kanyashree Prokolpo
- Kanyashree Praksalpa helps to fund the education of the girl child.
- It reduces child marriage to a great extent as parents are even financially aided for the girl child’s education.
- An amount of Rs.750 will be provided every year from classes 8 to 12 or from 13 to 18 years of age. This is in the case of the K1 subdivision.
- Under the K2 subdivision of the Kanyashree Prakalpa, a one-time grant of Rs.25,000 will be provided to the girls when they turn 18. Only unmarried girls till 19 years of age who are in college, can apply for this scheme.
- Under the K3 subdivision, girls pursuing post-graduation would also receive a certain amount for their studies. Science students would get Rs.2,500 a month while Arts stream students would be getting Rs.2,000.
- The total family income of the applicant is also a criterion but it is waived off in certain cases.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying to the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
- The girl child must be a permanent resident of the state of West Bengal.
- She should be at least 13 years old and a maximum of 18 years old.
- She should be studying in at least class 8 and maximum class 12 to be eligible.
- The total annual family income of the girl child must not be more than Rs.1,20,000.
- Girls who are not yet in class 8 but have certain special needs are also eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing any vocational, sports, or technical courses are also eligible for the Kanyashree Prokolpa.
How to Apply for the Kanyashree Prakalpa?
The application process for the Kanyashree Prakalpa in West Bengal:
- Firstly, you will need to collect the application form from your institution.
- After you collect the form, fill in all the details as asked for. Make sure to not make any mistakes while filling up the form.
- Attach copies of the aforementioned documents along with the application form.
- Then, you need to submit the complete application to the concerned institution.
- After submission of the application, you will receive an acknowledgment receipt mentioning your form number, name, and other important details. Keep it safely for future reference.
Certain documents need to be submitted along with the application. They are:
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Birth certificate
- Domicile certificate
- A statement declaring that the applicant is unmarried
- Details of the bank account where the scholarship amount would be transferred.
- Passport size photograph.
How to Check the Status of Kanyashree Application Form?
With the launch of the official website for Kanyashree, you can now track the application status very easily.
- Firstly, go to the official website – https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_home.php.
- Click on the “Track Application Status” tab on the homepage.
- A new page will appear. Enter the year, scheme type, applicant id, and date of birth. Then enter the captcha code and click on ‘Submit’.
- The status of your application will be displayed.