NMMS Scholarship 2023, NMMS Exam Registration, National Means cum Merit Scholarship Application Form Fill up Dates & Renewal Process.
What is NMMS Scholarship?
NMMS Scholarship stands for National Means cum Merit Scholarship. This is a centrally funded scholarship scheme and was implemented in the year 2008. It was planned and implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. It was proposed to assist the meritorious yet financially weak students to continue their secondary and higher secondary education.
Also Read – SJE Scholarship 2023.
Purpose of the NMMS Scholarship
As we already know, many students in India drop out of school after class 8. Thus, one of the main objectives of this scholarship scheme is to reduce the dropout rate. The authorities thus planned on providing financial support to the bright students who are financially weak. This helps the students to pursue their education and have a decent standard of living. It also reduces the dropout rate in schools.
Amount of Scholarship
The scholarship amount offered per year is Rs.12,000, that is, Rs.1000 per month. This scholarship gets activated every year in November. About 1 lakh scholarships are distributed to meritorious yet economically disadvantaged students throughout India.
NMMS Scholarship Exam 2023
To avail of this scholarship, one needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria and the students of classes 9 to 12 need to appear for the selection tests.
The selection test is conducted on two levels –
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) and
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Only the eligible students who qualify for this examination would be selected as a beneficiary of the NMMS Scholarship.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for NMMS Scholarship?
The eligibility criteria for the NMMS Scholarship are as follows:
- The applicant must be studying at least in the 9th grade after passing class 8 with a minimum score of 55%. In the case of a grading system, one needs to secure equivalent grades.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a government school or a school that is government-aided.
- He/she must secure at least 60% in their class X boards if they wish to continue the scholarship for the higher secondary level.
- For continuing the scholarship in class XII, the student must pass the 11th standard with 55% marks or equivalent grades. For the students from SC/ST categories, the minimum marks required is 50%. But one needs to clear class 11 exams in the first attempt itself.
- The gross family income of the student applying must not exceed Rs1.5 lakhs per annum.
- Students pursuing their education from NVS, KVS and private schools are not eligible for this scholarship.
NMMS Scholarship Registration Process: How to Fill up Application Form Online?
- First of all, you need to go to the National Scholarship Portal which is – scholarships.gov.in.
- From the homepage, log in using the links given below. If you did not register yourself earlier in the portal then you need to register yourself first before logging in. An application ID will be generated after fresh registration. Keep it in mind as you will require it for logging in.
- Under the ‘Central Schemes’ tab from the homepage, click on the option for ‘Department of School Education and Literacy’. You will find the link to apply for the NMMS Scholarship.
- Clicking on the link will directly take you to the application form. If you wish to apply for the scholarship for class 9 or 10, you need to select the option of Pre-Matric Scholarship. If you wish to apply for class 11 or 12, you need to select the option for Post-Matric Scholarship.
- Fill in the required details as asked for. Upload scanned copies of the documents required and make sure to upload them in the format prescribed.
- After filling in all the details, save the draft. Go through all the details in the application carefully and make sure there are no mistakes. If there is a mistake, correct it before submitting the form.
- Submit the application form after making sure that there are no mistakes.
|Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students Registration||Click here|
|Registration for Other Scholarship Schemes (Center Sector) for Medical Students||Click here|
|NMMS Scholarship Sanctioned List||Check Here|
|Renewal of NMMS Scholarship||Click here to Renew|
If you have any questions on NMMS 2023 Scholarship, then comment below.