National Scholarship Portal 2023: For all the meritorious students who find it financially difficult to continue their studies, the Government of India provides several types of scholarships. The main objective is to provide financial aid to academically sound students. The government has thus launched a National Scholarship Portal (NSP) which will make it easier for students to apply for various scholarships. Here, we have given details such as NSP List, Status Check, Online Application process etc in this post.
Also Read – SSP Scholarship Status Check 2023.
Table of Contents
About National Scholarship Portal 2023
These scholarships can be either at the state level or national level. The NSP thus helps students to apply for scholarships from the comfort of their homes. They don’t necessarily need to visit the government offices for the same. They can apply online on the official website and even keep a check on the application status. Here is the direct link to the official National Scholarship Portal – scholarships.gov.in.
Brief Information about NSP:
|Name of the Portal
|National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
|Mode of applying
|NSP Portal website
|Financial Aid to Students
|Online Application, Status Check, Bank Account Update etc
Purpose of the NSP Scholarship
Different departments of the central and state government offer different scholarships that vary in several ways. The eligibility criteria thus differ from one scholarship to other. Therefore, the applicants should check the eligibility criteria of the specific scholarship that they are applying for. Students belonging to different age ranges can apply for the scholarships listed under the NSP.
Mainly, the scholarships are for students from following grades –
- From Class 1 to 12,
- Certain diploma courses,
- Doctoral and
- Post-doctoral courses.
Also, several scholarships benefit the backward sections of society and minority communities as well.
What are the documents required to apply for NSP Scholarship?
Students who are interested to apply for the NSP Scholarship, must have the following documents ready. Also, keep a scanned copy while you are applying for the scholarship. The list of the documents are:
- Aadhar card
- Bank passbook
- Photograph of the applicant
- Applicant’s mobile number and domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Educational documents
- Caste certificate (if any)
- Genuine student certificate from the concerned institution.
To apply for a scholarship listed under NSP, you need to register yourself on the official website.
NSP Scholarship Application Process:
- Go to the official website that is scholarships.gov.in.
- Click on the “Search for Institute” button on the homepage or click on this link https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/onlineInstituteSearchIndex . Keep in mind that one can only apply if their institution is registered on the NSP.
- You will be asked to fill in some details like Institution name, district, category, etc. Fill it up and click on “Next” to get the list of registered institutes.
- Unregistered students can register themselves through this link – scholarships.gov.in/fresh/onlineInstituteSearchIndex . Read the guidelines carefully and click on ‘continue’, fill in all the details as asked for, and click on ‘Submit’. A student application id and password will be sent to your registered mobile through which you have to log in. If you are already registered with the NSP then you can simply log in from the “Login” tab on the homepage or by clicking on this link – https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/loginPage .
- You will be required to enter your id and password. If the login is successful, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Upon successful verification of the OTP, you will be redirected to a page asking you to change the password. Click on ‘Continue’ after entering a new password.
- Upon changing the password, you will be redirected to the dashboard. If you wish to apply for a scholarship, click on “Application Form”. Fill in the details asked for and attach the required documents.
- To recheck the details entered, click on the “Save as draft” option. The application once submitted, cannot be edited in any way. So make sure all the details entered are correct and only then click on the “Final Submit” tab. The application will be submitted thus.
NSP Status Check – How to Do?
After applying for scholarship at National Scholarship Portal, many students find it difficult to check their application form status. To check the NSP Scholarship Status, you can follow the easy step by step method below:
- At first, go to the official website scholarships.gov.in.
- Click on the option for ‘Log in’ and select the year for which you had applied.
- Enter your student application id and password. Then click on ‘Check your status’.
The status of your application will appear on the screen.
NSP Bank Account Update
Do you know that you can now update your bank account number which is registered with the NSP? Well, if you don’t know, then here is the detailed procedure to update your bank account details:
- Visit the official NSP website and log in with your particulars.
- You will see an option called “Update your account details” on the dashboard. Click on it.
- Enter the details that need to be updated.
- Finally, Click on ‘Update’.
- After that, an OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered. Enter it and click on ‘Confirm OTP’.
- Now, the bank account details will be updated.
|NSP Application Form Status
|Online Application Form at NSP Portal
|NSP List 2023
For any query, comment below and keep visiting our website for updates on NSP Scholarship 2023.