Online Trade License Renewal 2023 in West Bengal – Upon the completion of a whole year, the license must be renewed for the business to keep running smoothly. In this article, we have given detailed steps to renew Trade License online and offline for Municipality and Panchayat Area.
Also Read – Banglar Dairy Franchise 2023.
Table of Contents
What is a Trade License?
A trade license is an official document that permits an individual or a company to execute their trade of a specific item from a specific area or location. It ensures that the business or its products do not pose any threats or health hazards to people. Thus, it marks a trade safe and devoid of any potential threat to society as a whole.
This is done according to the standards set by the Municipal Corporation for that particular state. But it should be kept in mind that the license does not permit an individual or a company to execute their trade in any other items other than the ones mentioned in the official license.
Why it is necessary to renew Trade License for your business?
Trade license has been made mandatory for all businesses by the government. This was done keeping the best interests of society in mind. This also ensures that no unethical trade is carried out. Thus, the government is given an upper hand here and it can regulate various trade activities if required.
However, a trade license is valid only for one year.
So, before the validity period gets over, one must renew the Trade License to keep it active. If not done before time, you may get into trouble running your shop or business.
Types of Trade Licenses
There are several types of trade licenses. Some of them are as follows:
- Industries license that applies to all kinds of factories, small or large.
- Shop license that applies to all trades that may pose threat to other human beings. For example, businesses that deal in firecrackers, firewood, barber shops, etc.
- Food establishment license that is mandatory for all businesses dealing with food items or other edible products. For example, bakeries, restaurants, canteens, food stalls, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to Renew Trade License
The eligibility criteria to get a trade license renewed in India are as follows:
- The applicant cannot be a minor. He/she needs to be at least 18 years old or above.
- The applicant must be of Indian nationality.
- He/she must have a clean background with no criminal records whatsoever.
- The items or products that the business deals in must be legal and permitted for trade by the Government of India. No trades dealing in illegal products are allowed.
- The registration of the applicant and his/her business must be done at least 30 days before the business is commenced.
ALSO READ – Gas Agency Dealership Notification 2023.
Keep Documents Ready for Trade License Renewal
- Filled up application form for trade license in the approved format.
- If the applicant is an individual, then his/her Aadhar card is also a mandatory document that needs to be submitted.
- PAN card and incorporation certificate are necessary if the renewal is for a private firm, partnership, or private limited company.
- Property tax receipt from the concerned municipal corporation.
- No objection certificate from the neighbor.
- Rent agreement or lease agreement if the business is carried out on rented land or property.
- The building’s blueprint where the business is supposed to take place.
- Sanction of the blueprint by the municipal corporation.
- Katha details and occupancy certificate.
- Copy of trade license, challan, and tax receipts from last year.
How to Apply Online for Trade License Renewal in Municipality & Gram Panchayat?
- The individual business or company that is due for trade license renewal will get a notification in the phone number and email id registered. They will receive this notification 30 days before the expiry of their last trade license issued.
- The individual or the company should then log in using the credentials.
- After logging in, they can search using their registration number and the application form for trade license renewal will appear.
- The applicant can then choose to change the mobile number registered. All the other details in the form would not be editable and thus cannot be changed.
- Then you would need to make the application fees and municipal charge online.
- After the payment has been successfully submitted, the application goes to the Chairman of the Municipal Corporation. His/her digital signature would be required on the application after which he/she can generate the renewed trade license.
- The applicant can then download the renewed trade license documents online after logging in.
|Trade License Renewal Online Application in Municipality Areas of West Bengal
|Download Trade License Renewal Form
|Click Here for PDF
If you have any questions related to the Trade License Renewal Online Application, then comment below.