WBJEE Counselling 2024: The counselling procedure of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE) 2024 is will be conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) in online mode on the official website www.wbjeeb.nic.in. The candidates who will qualify WBJEE with General Merit Rank (GMR) and JEE Main 2024 with All India Rank (AIR) will be able to attend the WBJEE Counselling.
Also Read – WBJEE Counselling Result 2024.
There will be altogether 3 round of counselling. To participate in the counselling round, candidates need to first make the registration, deposit the fee, and then make the choice filling. Candidates have to attend seat allotment process, physical reporting at RCS for payment of admission fee and document verification as a part of the WBJEE admission procedure 2024. To know more details regarding WBJEE counselling read the article below.
Table of Contents
WBJEE 2024 Counselling Schedule
- The WBJEE counselling held in online.
- Candidates get admission in various UG courses in Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture in Govt and self financed colleges in West Bengal.
- 10% seats is reserved for JEE Main Qualified candidates in Engineering colleges in West Bengal.
WBJEE 2024 Opening & Closing Rank:
Candidates can get to know the Opening and Closing Rank of WBJEE 2024 from the official website, after the seat allotment process is done. The opening and closing rank of last year has been mentioned in tabular format below.
WBJEE 2024 Counselling Process:
The counselling process comprises the following steps.
- First Registration and payment of the counselling fee.
- Then making the Choice filling and locking.
- Seat allotment result will publish online.
- Selected candidates need to pay admission fee and attend the document verification round.
- Candidates have to report at the provided centre (RC).
- Then Up gradation of options practiced at the RC.
- Finally reporting at the allotted institute in person.
WBJEE Counselling Registration & Choice Filling:
The WBJEE counselling process is done online in the official site www.Wbjee.nic.in . After the successful registration process candidates make the choice filling process. Candidates can make choices for as many as they wish to. But they need to make the choice locking after the selection. Once the choice locking is done candidates cannot make any changes.
WBJEE 2024 Counselling Rounds – 1st, 2nd, 3rd:
The exam conducting body take total 3 round of counselling to fill the available seats. After that the Board may conduct a mop-up round to fill the rest vacant seats. All the 3 counselling rounds are described below in details.
1st Round: qualified candidates are allotted seats on the basis of their GMR/PMR and the choices they made. The candidates who are not selected in the 1st Round will wait for the 2nd Round.
Now the candidates selected in the 1st Round, need to report at the RC for the verification of document and all the other formalities. If any candidate do not opt for up gradation then he/she can directly take admission by reporting at the allotted Institute. Otherwise candidates will wait for round 2.
2nd Counselling: The candidates who will attend the 2nd round of Counselling are:
- Who were not selected in Round- 1
- Whose seat- allotment got cancelled at the RC
- And the candidates who opted for Up-Gradation.
Round-2 admission process is same as round -1. Candidate who missed the round-1 seat allotment and who was declared ineligible in 1st round will not be able to attend the Round-2.
3rd Counselling is for the candidates who
- Have registered but not participate in previous rounds. OR
- Who opted for up-gradation. OR
- Whose seat was earlier cancelled at the RC
The round-3 admission process is also same as round-2.
WBJEE Seat Allotment Process
Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the candidate’s merit in the Entrance Exam and the availability of seats. Candidates will be allotted seats rank wise and on the basis of their preference of choice. Candidates can check their seat allotment result from the official website by providing their credentials.
After the seat allotment result is declared selected candidates either need to accept the seat or they can opt for Up-gradation. After the acceptance of the allotted seats candidates need to report at RC for document verification. Otherwise candidates will wait for next round counselling.