Widow Pension (Bidhoba Bhata) in West Bengal: The West Bengal Widow Pension scheme is a very thoughtful initiative by the government of West Bengal. It is also known as the Bidhoba Bhata (বিধবা ভাতা)
About the West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme
The West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme was brought into force in 2010 and the pension amount comes from the Chief Minister Relief Fund. All the widows of West Bengal can apply irrespective of the caste they belong to. This scheme will help them with a monthly pension of Rs.750. In this article, you will come to know more about the WB Widow Pension scheme, the process for applications, eligibility criteria, and so on.
West Bengal Bidhoba Bhata Eligibility Criteria
There are some criteria to be eligible for this scheme. They are as follows:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the state of West Bengal or should be a resident for more than.
- Her total family income in a month should not be more than Rs.1000/-.
- She should not be maintained or financially supported by any of her relatives.
- The beneficiary should not be assisted financially by any other scheme of the state or central government.
Several documents are required to prove the eligibility of the applicant and for verification.
Documents Required to attach with WB Widow Pension Form:
The documents needed are stated below –
- Applicant’s domicile certificate proving that she is a permanent resident of the state of West Bengal.
- Income certificate stating that the total family income of the applicant does not exceed Rs.1000/- in a month.
- Ration card belonging to the Below Poverty Line category.
- The death certificate of the deceased husband is also mandatory.
- Copy of the Aadhar card of the applicant (self-attested).
- Copy of Voter ID card.
- Nomination form
- Copy of bank passbook of the widow applying for transfer of the fund.
Countless widows who are residents of West Bengal get benefitted from the Bidhoba Bhata or Widow Pension scheme every month.
Bidhoba Bhata Form | Download PDF
- Applicants residing in a rural area maintained by a Panchayat Samiti can get the form from the office of the Block Development Officer (BDO) or the Executive Officer of the Panchayat Samiti concerned.
- If the applicant resides in an area that falls beyond the scrutiny of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation then the form is to be collected from the office of the Sub-Divisional Officer.
- If you reside in an area that falls under the Kolkata Municipal Corporation then the form is to be obtained from the office of the Controller of Vagrancy, West Bengal.
You can also get a printout of the soft copy of the application form. This way, it will be more convenient for you as you would not need to visit the concerned office to collect it.
To download the application form for Bidhoba Bhata or WB Widow Pension scheme, Click the link below and save the Form –
Download Widow Pension Form West Bengal PDF – Click Here to Download Form P.
Widow Pension Status Check Online
If you are have applied for the Bidhoba Bhata pension then you can check the status of your application online. You can do so from the official website and thus going to the government office for checking the application status is not essential. It becomes much more convenient to check it online.
How to check the Bidhoba Bhata Application Form Status?
The procedure to check the status of the WB Widow Pension application online is as follows –
- Go to the official website of the West Bengal Social Welfare Pension i.e https://wbswpension.gov.in.
- Scroll down till you reach the “Track Application“ tab and click on it.
- A page will appear asking you to enter your application id. Enter the id and click on “Submit”.
- You will then be shown the status of your application.
|Widow Pension List / Online Application Form Status Checking Link||Check Here|
|Homepage of WB Social Welfare Pension Website||Click Here|
For any queries related to WB Bidhoba Bhata Application Form, Status Checking Online and New List Download, keep visiting our website for updates.
No. You can not apply online for the Widow Pension or Bidhoba Bhata Scheme. You need to apply through offline method.
The official website to download Bidhoba Bhata Form is www.wbswpension.gov.in.
You can check your own application status, whether you are accepted or rejected to receive the pension.