West Bengal Student Internship Scheme 2022 – Check Eligibility Criteria, Apply Online Link, Salary, Vacancy, Important Dates for Online Application Form Fill up at Official Website etc about WB Student Scholarship Program.
Many different schemes for students are planned and implemented by our central and state governments. These are executed keeping the best interest of the students in mind. Some of the schemes strive to provide financial assistance to students while others aim for upgrading their skillsets and experience. Yet some other schemes provide scholarships, educational loans, and internships to the students.
What is WB Student Internship Scheme?
The West Bengal Student Internship Scheme is a similar scheme implemented by the Government of West Bengal. The benefits of this scheme can only be availed by the students of the state. As you have already guessed by the name, this scheme will provide internship opportunities to students.
In this article, we will inform you about the benefits, eligibility criteria, application process for the scheme, and so on. You will find all the information regarding the West Bengal Student Internship Scheme.
Key Information About Student Internship Scheme
|Name of Scheme in full||Student Internship Program|
|Beneficiaries||Graduation pass-out Students|
|Salary||Rs. 5000/- Monthly|
|Duration of internship||1 Year|
|Age Limit||Less than 40 years age|
|Official Website||Not yet launched|
|Date of Inauguration||Yet to be notified|
|Date of Application Form Submission for Internship Program||Available Soon|
|Latest Job Portal for Students||Check Here|
The West Bengal Student Internship Scheme was announced by CM Smt. Mamata Banerjee in January 2022. All the beneficiaries who have completed graduation would be granted Rs.5,000 a month for one whole year. The posting of the interns would be in various government offices throughout the state. They will essentially be posted at a location close to their residence.
How can the Students be benefitted from the Internship Program?
The government plans on providing this internship to 6000 students every year. After the completion of the internship, the students will receive a certificate and will also be ranked based on their performance. This would further help them in getting jobs.
What are the Benefits of the Scheme?
These are some of the features and benefits of the West Bengal Student Internship Scheme:
- Internships under the scheme would be granted to a total of 6000 students of the state every year.
- The applicants must have at least completed their graduation in any field. Other than this, students who have completed polytechnic, ITI, or an equivalent course can also apply.
- The beneficiaries will receive an amount of Rs.5,000 per month till the completion of the internship. This would help them in managing their finances to a great extent.
- The internship concerned has a tenure of one year after which it will be reviewed.
- Interns who would perform well would be given a chance to pursue it further.
- The benefitting interns would also be provided opportunities to be involved with various government programs. They would also get a chance to work on various projects of the state. This will expand their horizons, teach them to do social work, and also increase their experience.
- The posting of the selected interns would be done in various blocks and subdivisions of the district.
Eligibility Criteria for Student Internship in West Bengal
- The applicant should be less than 40 years of age.
- He/she should be a permanent resident of the state of West Bengal.
- It is mandatory for the student applying to have at least 60% marks in their graduation.
- Students who have a degree in ITI, polytechnic, or other similar courses can also apply.
Certain documents require to be submitted during the application.
Documents Required to Submit along with Online Form for Students Internship Program
Without the submission of these documents, the application will not be considered:
- Aadhar card
- Domicile certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Birth certificate or class 10 admit card as age proof
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Mobile number and Email ID of the applicant
- Applicant’s passport size photograph
How to Apply online for WB Student Internship Scheme
The Student Internship Scheme has been launched very recently by the Government of West Bengal. The application process would be online but the official website where one can apply has not been launched yet. Interested graduates would be able to apply for this scheme once the official portal is developed and launched.
What is the name of the official website to apply for the Student Internship Program?
As per the official authority, a brand new website will be launched for the WB Student Internship Program. But the name of the website has not been officially announced.
However, we can expect that the students will be able to apply online for the Internship Program of West Bengal Govt through the Banglar Shiksha Portal or Banglar Uchhashiksha Portal. These two portals are run by Department of School Education and Department of Higher Education, Govt of WB.
|Banglar Shiksha Portal Link||www.banglarshikasha.gov.in|
|Banglar Uchhashiksha Portal Link||banglaruchchashiksha.wb.gov.in|