West Bengal Public Service Commission Junior Engineer Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Recruitment Exam Syllabus 2023: WBPSC has released the JE Recruitment Syllabus for the written exam. Written Exam will be conducted for the purpose of selection of Junior Engineer Posts. Read the detailed examination pattern, syllabus and all the latest information related to the WBPSC JE Recruitment 2022-23.
Also Read – WBPSC Recruitment 2023 [LATEST NOTIFICATIONS].
PSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023; Summary
|Name of the Post||Junior Engineer (JE)|
|Recruitment Organization||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Disciplines||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering|
|Selection Process||Written Examination and Personality Test|
|Exam Date||April 2023|
WBPSC Junior Engineer Selection Process 2023
Selection Process of JE will consist of the following steps:
|Written Exam||200 Marks|
Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on Written Exam Marks. The final merit list will be prepared based on written examination and interview marks combined.
PSC JE Written Exam Pattern 2023
Those who are appearing in the Junior Engineer Written Exam conducted by West Bengal PSC, must note down the following points pertaining to the recruitment test:
- Written Exam will consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
- 100 Questions will be asked.
- Each Question will carry 2 Marks.
- Negative Marking will be there.
- Duration of the exam will be 2 Hours.
- Syllabus will be as per Diploma curriculum.
WBPSC JE Civil Engineering Syllabus 2023
1. STRENGTH OF MATERIALS
2. THEORY OF STRUCTURES
- CONCRETE STRUCTURES
- STEEL STRUCTURES
- TIMBER STRUCTURES
3. CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS & PRACTICE
- BUILDING MATERIALS
4. FIELD SURVEYING
5. ESTIMATING, COSTING & CONTRACTS
6. PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING
- WATER SUPPLY
- SANITARY ENGINEERING
- PRINCIPLES OF IRRIGATION
- WATER REQUIREMENT OF CROPS
- WELL IRRIGATION
- TUBEWELL IRRIGATION
- CROSS DRAINAGE WORKS
- HEAD WORKS
- FLOOD CONTROL
- RIVER TRAINING WORKS
8. ROADS & HIGHWAYS
- ROAD GEOMETRICS
- EARTH WORK
- CITY ROADS
- HILL ROADS
- ROAD AGGREGATES
- HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION
9. SOIL MECHANICS & FOUNDATION ENGINEERING
10. CIVIL ENGINEERING DRAWING
Download Detailed Syllabus of WB JE Civil Written Exam – Click Here for PDF.
PSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus 2023
1. STRENGTH OF MATERIALS
- Stress, Strain, Elasticity
- Rivetted Joints
- S.F. and B.M.
- Bending Stress
- Torsion of circular shafts (solid and hollow)
- Closed Coil helical spring
- Deflection of beam
- Columns and Struts
2. ENGINEERING MECHANICS
- Centre of gravity and moment of Inertia
- Work, Power, Energy
- Transmission of Motion and Power
- Lifting Machines
3. FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINES
4. HEAT POWER
5. MANUFACTURING PROCESS
- Heat treatment of Steel
- Pattern Making
- Welding and allied processes
- Mechanical working of metal
7. MACHINE TOOLS
Download Detailed Syllabus of WB JE Mechanical Written Exam – Click Here for PDF.
West Bengal PSC JE Electrical Engineering Syllabus 2023
- Materials: Conducting, Magnetic, Insulating, Contact, fuse materials, semi conductor.
- ELEMENTARY CIRCUIT ANALYSIS : D.C. Circuit : Star-delta conversion, Thevenin’s theorem, Norton’s theorem, Superposition theorem.
- A.C. Circuit: Single Phase R, L & C Series, Parallel : resonance.
- Three Phase: Star & delta connection, three phase 4 wire, neutral current measurement.
- Measuring Instruments: D.C. & A.C. Ammeter & Voltameter; A.C. Wattmeters, Energy meters, Frequency meters, Reactive power measurement, maximum demand indicator; testing & errors of energy meters, Megar Insulation Tester, Earth Megar Tester.
- Power Factor: Effects of low power factor; methods of improving power factor.
- Motors: Type of D.C. Motors – Speed Control; Induction motors; Different types of starters D.C. & A.C.; Applications of different motors – D.C. & A.C. (single phase, three phase); Selection of motors for various types of load.
- Transformers: Single phase, Three phase connection, methods of cooling, oil testing, properties, Auto-transformers, Parallel operation.
- O.H. Line: Conductors : Types of poles, stays & struts, type of insulators and their applications; Feeders, distributors, service mains, radial & ring main feeder; primary & Secondary distribution of single phase and poly phase system; line sag on level ground.
- Cable: P.I.L.C. & P.V.C. cable, methods of cable laying; cable rating & devating factor.
- Protective Devices: Fuses – fuse elements, types; current limiting reactors; Thermal, electromagnetic, Induction type relays; Types of Circuit breakers to principle of operation, Isolators.
- Earthing: Domestic installation & motors; pole earthing, Earth resistance measurement; Horn gap & thyrite type lightning arrestor.
- Design, Estimating: Design of lighting Scheme in a hall, class room, workshop, electrical installation of machines in a small workshop, estimation of house service connection; design of small transformers upto 100 VA; Rate analysis factor governing it – specification & schedule of work.
- Battery: Types of storage battery, different elements, charging methods, maintenance.
- Generation: Various conventional & non-conventional sources of energy. Different tariff systems and bill calculation.
- Electronics: Different types of transistors – their biasing & action; Amplifier – single stage transistor, multistage. Definition of gain, frequency response, bandwidth. Voltage & power amplifier difference; transformer coupled Class-B push- pull amplifier – advantages & disadvantages, uses, Feed back in amplifier.
- Oscillator: Types; functions of filter circuits; different rectifier circuit. Indian Electricity Rules. Extra high voltage, High voltage Switchgears protections. Pumps, lifts, Air-conditioning–Basic principle of operation safety & control.
- Conservation of Energy: G.L.S. Lamp – Energy Efficient Lamp. Illumination – Level of Illumination & Measuring.
Download Detailed Syllabus of WB JE Electrical Written Exam – Click Here for PDF.
Important Note Related to WBPSC JE Written Exam Syllabus
WBPSC has notified through an addendum to advertisement 15/2022, that the syllabus of WBPSC JE is indicative only. Candidates should be prepared to answer any questions from the qualification mentioned in the advertisement. Read the official notice below:
Procedure to Download PSC JE Syllabus PDF from official website
- Go to the official website of West Bengal Public Service Commission which is www.wbpsc.gov.in.
- Now, click on “Examination” Menu.
- Then, click on “Syllabus“.
- After that, you need to choose the Examination Name as “Junior Engineer (J.E) Recruitment Exam“.
- Finally, download the syllabus by clicking on the PDF icon / download button logo.
You may take a print out of the WBPSC JE Syllabus PDF 2023 for the upcoming exam.
|JE Civil Syllabus||Download PDF|
|JE Mechanical Syllabus||Download PDF|
|JE Electrical Syllabus||Download PDF|
|PSCWB Homepage||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates have to answer questions of 200 Marks. There will be 100 questions, each having two marks.
The questions will be asked in English Language.
The written test will be of 2 Hours duration.
The written exam will be held in Kolkata only.