MSCE Pune Scholarship 2023 – Online Application Form, eligibility criteria, important dates etc.
What is MSCE Pune Scholarship?
MSCE Pune Scholarship is a state-level scholarship that was implemented in the year 2021. MSCE stands for Maharashtra State Council for Examination.
One has to submit an online application and the students are selected based on a written exam. The MSCE Pune scholarship is for Maharashtrian students who are in the 5th standard (PUP exam) or the 8th standard (PSS exam).
Also Read – NSP Scholarship 2023 – Maharashtra.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The scholarship was implemented keeping in mind the best interests of the students belonging to the backward classes in the states. It is also called the PUPPSS scholarship test. Eligible students who would qualify for the test would receive financial support from the state government. The financial support would encourage and help the backward class students to continue their education without much financial trouble.
The MSCE Pune scholarship thus benefits the students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes, Other Backward Classes, or other nomadic tribes in the state of Maharashtra.
MSCE Pune Scholarship Exam
The MSCE scholarship exams can be given in any of eight given languages.
Two types of scholarships are awarded by the council under the MSCE Pune Scholarship scheme. They are:
- Pre Upper Primary Scholarship Examination (PUP) – Class 5, and
- Pre Secondary Scholarship Examination (PUP) – Class 8
You can apply for any of these tests, given you meet the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for MSCE Pune Scholarship
The eligibility criteria for the MSCE Pune Scholarship are as follows:
- The applicant must have a domicile certificate and must be a permanent member of the state of Maharashtra.
- The student must be enrolled in a government school in either class 5 or 8. The school can be aided, unaided, granted, or non-granted.
- The gross income of the student’s father must not be more than Rs.20,000 in a year.
Only if you fulfill the eligibility criteria will you be allowed to appear for the PUP or the PSS examination.
How to Apply online for MSCE Pune Scholarship?
The application procedure for the MSCE Pune Scholarship program is as follows:
- First of all, you need to go to the official website for the MSCE. You may use this link for your convenience – https://www.mscepune.in/ .
- Click on the link for “Scholarship Exam” followed by the year.
- Select the link for PUP or PSS.
- The application form will appear on the page.
- Fill in the form with the required details like student’s name, photo ID proof, standard enrolled in, etc. Make sure to carefully select your preferred language for the test. Then fill up the personal information and academic details of the candidate as asked for.
- Follow the page and make sure the application fees have been successfully paid.
- After successful payment of the application fees, add the bank details. This is where the scholarship money would be transferred.
- Click on the ‘Preview’ button after filling in the declaration.
- Carefully go through all the details entered before applying. If any information needs correction or alteration, do the needful.
- Submit the application and make sure to take a printout of the application form and fee receipt.
All the students applying for the MSCE Pune Scholarship need to pay an application fee of Rs.20/-. It is mandatory for students from ICSE and CBSE backgrounds to pay the application fees. However, other students from minority communities might be exempted depending upon the situation.
Documents Required to Apply for the Scholarship
Some documents are mandatory to be submitted along with the application form. They are:
- Self-attested passport size photograph of the candidate
- Aadhar number or Aadhar enrollment number
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank account details where the scholarship amount is to be transferred, and
- The scanned copy of the application form duly signed by the Principal of the school in which the student is enrolled.
Make sure to submit these documents in the prescribed format.