BH Series Vehicle Registration 2023: Recently, the government of India came up with a new rule for road transportation and vehicles in India. The government has launched Bharat Series number plates for all those vehicles that used to move between the states. The scheme is also called “One Nation One Registration Scheme“. This new rule benefits people who move from one location to another due to a job transfer or another reason. To avoid registration issues, the person who travels to different states can register for the Bharat Series Number Plate at www.vahan.nic.in. Details of the registration process and other information are given on below.
Table of Contents
What is BH Number Plate?
The government of India introduced the BH Series Number Plate in 2021. According to the Motor Vehicle Act, a vehicle registered in one state that is kept or used in another state for 12 months or more must require a new registration.
For new registration along with the application form, the owner has to submit various documents like postal acknowledgment, NOC, and more.
That registration was very complicated and need a long process.
BH Series Number Plate solves the problem. To get out of this scenario, one has the option of registering for a Bharat Series or BH Series Number Plate.
BH Series Number Plate Benefits
The government takes significant steps for the owner of the vehicle, who mostly travels and spends time in different states. This plate is different from the conventional registration plate and has different characteristics.
- Due to the BH series number plate, traveling to different states will become easy for the vehicle owner.
- The BH series is valid all over India.
- The vehicle owner doesn’t require to register when traveling to different states. This will save time and effort. So, you don’t need to re-register or get an NOC if you have moved to a different state.
Bharat Series Number Plate eligibility criteria
The native of the country who wants to get registration for their vehicles have to fulfill some eligibility criteria. Only those citizen who matches the eligibility criteria set by the government can do their registration under the Bharat series. The citizen who is willing to do registration must fulfill the below Eligibility criteria-
- Citizens of India who are working in private companies having their offices in 4 different states or UTs will be enabled to register under the Bharat series.
- All owners of vehicles working under state or central government as an employee.
- For all the Defense personnel and PSU employee.
How does a BH Series Number Plate Looks Like
A sample BH Series Number plate looks like – 22BHxxxxYY.
First Two Digits are Year of Registration.
Third & Fourth position is BH which is the short form of Bharat.
Next 4 Digits are random numbers.
Last 2 Digits are random Alphabet except I & O.
Here is the detailed official order on BH Series Number Plate Registration Rules:
Cost of BH Series Number Plate: Road Tax Amount
One Time Registration Charges for BH Series Number Plate depends on RTO Office of the respective state. However, the Road Tax calculation for BH Series number plate is same in all states. The Road Tax for BH Series vehicles is given below:
|MV Tax for Petrol Vehicle
|MV Tax for Diesel Vehicle
|MV Tax for Electric Vehicle
|Below Rs. 10 Lakh
|Rs. 10 Lakh to 20 Lakh
|Above Rs. 20 Lakh
BH-series Tax Calculation Formula for 2 years = (Motor vehicle tax as per Invoice price of vehicle x 1.25 x 2) / 15
Documents Required for BH Series Registration
- Office ID Card (for Government Employee or PSU Employee)
- Form 60 for Private Sector Employee
- Aadhar Card.
Here is a sample Form 60 (Working Certificate) which is required for applying to BH Series Number Plate:
BH Number Plate Online Registration Process: How to Apply Online @ vahan.nic.in
The BH series number plate registration is done through an online process at the time of purchasing a vehicle. The process is as follows-
- Step1: Visit the official website of Vahan which is www.vahan.nic.in and then you can fill up the form.
- Step2: After getting the BH plate the refund f the tax becomes easy which the buyer has paid.
- Step3: After completion of the registration process BH number plate will be issued to the customer.
- Step4: those who registered for the BH series number plate will not require any re-registration process.
- Step5: After that, the buyer will get BH series number plate.
- Step6: once the registration is done the citizen becomes free from the taxes and easily move between the states.
If you are an individual, you can not apply for Vahan Number Plate Registration yourself. Your dealer can only apply for the BH Registration.
|Parivahan Form 60
|Apply Online for VAHAN BH Registration