OASIS Scholarship – Check Eligibility Criteria, Last Date, Status, Online Application Form Fill up link
Table of Contents
What is Oasis Scholarship:
Oasis Scholarship is yet another initiative by the Government of West Bengal for the backward class students. This scholarship was introduced by the Backward Classes Welfare Department and the Tribal Development Department under the West Bengal Government.
Objective of the Scholarship
Providing financial support to the economically weaker backward class students is the main objective of the Oasis Scholarship.
Updates on Oasis Scholarship 2023:
Update 1: Last date of verification from Block, Municipality and District Level is 23.03.2023. All are requested to submit the required documents as soon as possible.
Update 2: As per new guidelines by Govt of India, 40% of total eligible amount will be disbursed for the first Phase. The Remaining 60% of the total eligible amount will be disbursed in due course (For Pre Matric and Post Matric SC Students).
Check Here – Nabanna Scholarship 2023.
OASIS Scholarship 2023: Eligibility Criteria
The benefits of this scholarship would be only available for the residents of West Bengal. The Oasis Scholarship provides two types of schemes for the aforesaid students. They are:
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST Students
|Students belonging to SC/ST communities studying in either the 9th or 10th standard can apply for this scheme. Selected students would be granted an annual scholarship amount of Rs.1,150 to Rs.7,500.
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC Students
|Students from the categories mentioned can apply for this scholarship if they are in the 11th or 12th standard. Undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate level students from these communities can also apply for this scholarship. If approved, they will receive an annual amount of Rs.2,300 to Rs.12,000.
Eligibility Criteria for OASIS Scholarship
SC / ST Pre-Matric students of West Bengal:
- The candidate applying must be a resident of West Bengal.
- He/she should be either in class 9 or 10.
- The candidate must be from a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- The applicant’s annual family income must be below Rs.2,00,000/-.
SC / ST / OBC Post-Matric students of West Bengal:
- The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal.
- He/she must belong to a Scheduled Caste, a Scheduled Tribe, or the Other Backward Classes category.
- Students who are currently pursuing any of these courses (Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral, medical, hotel management, nursing, LLB, and engineering) can apply for this scholarship.
- The SC/ST applicant’s annual family income must be below Rs. 2,00,000/-. The annual family income of the OBC applicant must be below Rs. 1,00,000/-.
Online Registration Process for the Oasis Scholarship
- Firstly, go to the official website of the Oasis Scholarship or just simply use this link – oasis.gov.in.
- From the ‘Students Corner’ on the homepage, click on ‘Student’s Registration’.
- A page will appear with the name of all the districts falling under the state of West Bengal. Choose the district where your institution is located.
- You will be redirected to a page asking you to enter your name, your father’s name and to upload your caste certificate. Make sure to upload your digital caste certificate as a manual certificate would not be entertained.
- You will then be redirected to a page that will require you to submit more relevant details. Fill in all the details and click on ‘Submit’.
- Take a printout of the ready to download acknowledgement slip after downloading it.
- After this, you need to go back to the homepage. From the homepage, click on ‘Registered Student’s Login’.
- A page will appear asking you to enter your User ID and password. After filling them in, click on ‘Login’ and you will be logged in to your Oasis Scholarship account.
- After logging in, click on the “Further Details” button and enter all the information required.
- Then enter your bank account details where the scholarship amount would be transferred.
- Only after making sure you have entered the bank details correctly, click on the ‘Verify and Lock’ button.
- Click on the button for ‘Print Application’ and take a printout of the pdf that would then be downloaded.
OASIS Scholarship Renewal Process
Step 1: Click on the “Renew Scholarship” link.
Step 2: After that, choose your district name and click on submit button.
Step 3: Then submit all the required information and click on Submit.
Step 4: Finally, take a printout of the Submitted Renewal Form produced on the Oasis Scholarship Website.
How to submit Oasis Scholarship Online Application Form?
- Make a signature on the printout of the application form.
- Attach these necessary documents with the application form – A stamp size photograph of the applicant, attested copies of the caste certificate, and the marksheet of the last qualifying examination along with a copy of the first page of your bank passbook.
- Once all these steps are done, you have to submit this application to the BDO’s office if your institution is in a rural area. If it falls under the Municipal Corporation area, you need to submit the application to the PO as well as the DWO within the deadline.
If you have any question related to OASIS Scholarship 2023, then comment below. Also, contact the following number for any Scholarship related queries:
Phone Number: 84200 23311.
|New Student Registration Link
|Students Login Link