Cold Storage Subsidy Scheme 2022: The Warehouse Subsidy Scheme or the Gramin Bhandaran Yojana is a scheme implemented by the Government of India. Under this scheme, grants are provided for the construction, revamping, or renovating of food godowns. However, this scheme is applicable only for the food godowns in the rural areas of India.
Gramin Bhandaran Yojana 2022: Overview
|Name of Scheme||Gramin Bhandaran Yohana|
|Other Name||Warehouse Subsidy Scheme|
|Beneficiaries||Individuals or Firms who want to set up Warehouse in Rural Areas|
|Type of Benefit||Subsidy in Loan|
|How to apply||Offline|
|Official Website of Authority||www.nabard.org|
This scheme is also called Gramin Bhandaran Yojana and is operated by NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development). You can apply for this scheme online and enjoy the benefits. Even the rural godowns which are situated in food parks can be a beneficiary of the Warehouse Subsidy Scheme.
Also Read – Solar Rooftop Yojana 2022.
How To apply for Nabard Warehouse Subsidy Scheme online?
Follow the procedure given below to apply for this scheme online:
- Go to the official NABARD website or click on this link – www.nabard.org.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button from the website’s homepage. The form for registration will appear.
- Enter the details of the applicant such as the name, date of birth, address, etc., and attach/upload the required documents. The documents required are the applicant’s Aadhar card, Ration card, Identity card, Residence certificate, Passport size photograph, mobile number, and Bank Account details.
- Click on the “Submit” button and your application for the scheme will be sent to the concerned authorities.
Eligibility Criteria for Cold Storage Scheme
Now several criteria need to be fulfilled before you can apply for the Warehouse Subsidy Scheme. They are-
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- He/she should be a citizen belonging to the rural areas of India.
- The applicant must be a farmer. He/she can also be working in an Agricultural field.
You would be eligible to apply for the scheme only if the above points are true in your case.
Who are the beneficiaries for NABARD Warehouse Subsidy Scheme?
The list of beneficiaries of the NABARD Warehouse Subsidy Scheme 2022-2023 are as follows:
- Non-Government Organizations (NGOs),
- Agricultural Product Marketing Committees (APMC),
- Partnership / proprietary firms,
- Self Help Groups (SHGs) and cooperative institutions,
- Non-municipal local bodies,
- Related companies and corporations,
- Marketing Boards and Agricultural Processing Corporations all over India.
Farmers can avail of the subsidy but there are several bases of subsidy under this scheme. Some of them are quality certification, grading, inner roads and platforms, facilities in the warehouse, construction of an additional drainage system, etc.
Banks that Provide Warehouse Loan Subsidies other than NABARD
Not only NABARD, there are other banks also which provide subsidies to the farmers under the Warehouse Subsidy Scheme. The banks are:
- State cooperative bank and Urban cooperative bank,
- Regional rural banks,
- Commercial banks,
- North Eastern Development Finance Corporation,
- State Cooperative Agricultural and Rural Development Bank.
Warehouse Subsidy Scheme 2022 Important Facts
- It is essential for the applicant to hold a godown license under the Rural Storage Scheme.
- The height of the godown should be at least 4-5 meters.
- The engineering parameters must have been followed while constructing the godown.
- The godown should not be in any area falling under the Municipal Corporation.
- The godown must have a permit from the CWD department if the capacity exceeds 1000 tons.
- The ventilation spots or windows of the godowns should be safe from birds.
Other Benefits of the scheme:
It is to be noted that under the Warehouse Subsidy Scheme or the Gramin Bhandaran Yojana, all farmers would get a subsidy of 25% up to 2.25 crores. Related government projects can also benefit from this aid. But SC or ST farmers in rural areas would be provided a 33% subsidy of 3 crores. Owners of warehouses and related companies other than farmers would get a 15% subsidy of 1.35 crores.
The rural farmers of India will be hugely benefitted from this scheme as they would get financial aid to build, maintain or renovate their warehouses. This way, they can increase the storage capacity of the godown/warehouse. They would also have a safe storage spot for the crops and save it from rain. The crops can also be stored till the farmers receive better prices for them.
Last Date to Apply for Nabard Warehouse Scheme
One can apply for the NABARD Cold Storage or Warehouse Infrastructure Fund Loan any time. However, the project has to be passed by the authorities prior to disbursement of the loans.
For subsidy scheme, the officials will scrutinize your application. If they find your application valid, You will be entitled to subsidy after approval.
The last date to apply for the Subsidy scheme for the current financial year is 31st March 2022.
Important Links related to Warehouse Subsidy Yojana 2022
- Operational Guidelines: Warehouse Infrastructure Fund – Download
- Cumulative Sanctions & Disbursements under WIF 2013-14 and WIF 2014-15 (31 Mar 2021) – Download Report.
- Other Govt Schemes.
If you have any questions related to NABARD Cold Storage Subsidy Scheme 2022 update, then comment below.