Minority Scholarship in West Bengal 2023 – WBMDFC (West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation) introduces several scholarships for the minority students of the state. It is also called the ‘Aikyashree scholarship’. Check eligibility criteria, application form fill up links, dates of applying online, payment status, amount and all other details about WBMDFC Scholarship.
Benefits of WB Minority Scholarship
As we all know, education nowadays has become quite an expensive affair and it could even cost you a fortune to get admission to your dream institution. Thus, the WB Minority Scholarship supports the students from minority class financially, to continue their studies. Another undeniable fact is those student scholarships, in turn, help in the development of the human resources of the area. Moreover, it will help to increase the literacy rate in the state.
Objective of WBMDFC Scholarship
The WBMDFC scholarship mainly strives to finance the education of students belonging to minority section in West Bengal who are unable to afford a decent education. With the implementation of this scheme, students would be able to continue their studies without the stress regarding the payment of fees in their respective educational institutions.
Types of Scholarship for Minority Students & Eligibility Criteria
There are several types of scholarships schemes available for the minority students in West Bengal. They are as follows
|1||Pre Matric scholarship (SC / ST students)||* The student must be a resident of West Bengal.|
* He/ She must be enrolled in either class 9 or 10 in any recognized institution.
* Applicant must belong to Minority Class.
* The candidate’s gross family income should not be more than 2 lakhs per year.
|2||Post Matric scholarship||* The student must be a resident of West Bengal.|
* He/ She must be from SC, ST, or OBC background.
* Only students who are currently enrolled in classes 11 and 12, or are pursuing graduation or post-graduation can apply.
* The gross family income in a year should not exceed 2.5 lakhs for ST students and 2 lakhs for SC students. In the case of OBC students, annual family income should not exceed 1 lakh.
|3||Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means (SVMCM) Scholarship – Read Details about SVMCM.||* The applicant must be a resident of the state of West Bengal.|
* He/ She should be studying in classes 11 or 12. Or, he/ she should be an undergraduate, postgraduate or doctoral student.
* If the student is in classes 11-12 or pursuing graduation, he/she should have secured at least 75% in classes 10 and 12, respectively.
* The gross family income of the applicant must not be more than 2.5 lakhs in a year.
How to apply for West Bengal Minority Scholarship?
The application process for the WBMDFC scholarship:
- First of all, you need to go to the official website of the West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation.
- Click on the ‘Student’s area’ tab on the homepage.
- Login using your credentials if you are already registered or else register yourself before proceeding. You can use this link directly for student registration – Click here.
- Select the name of the district where your institution is located in West Bengal.
- The application form will appear. Fill in all the details carefully then click on the “Submit and Proceed” button.
- User ID and password will be generated for you.
- If you had not registered earlier, then login with your credentials and then verify all the details.
- After checking all the details entered, click on “Final Submit”.
- Then take a printout of the application form. Attach the photocopy of your bank passbook along with the form. Once the bank details are attached with the form, submit it to the institution concerned.
Documents required for WBMDFC scholarship:
- Income proof
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar Card
- Birth certificate or class 10 admit card
- Residence certificate
- Marksheet of last qualifying examination
- Bank account details.
Procedure for tracking WBMDFC Scholarship Application:
- Click on the “Track Application” tab on the homepage of the official website of WBMDFC. Or, click on this link – http://serv3.wbmdfcscholarship.in/main/track_appli1 .
- Enter the required details on the page that appears and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will be able to see the status of your application.
How to Check WBMDFC Loan Status
To check the WBMDFC Education Loan Status, follow the procedure:
- Go to wbmdfc.net/loan-status.aspx.
- Then, enter your registered mobile number and click on “Get OTP” button.
- After that, OTP will be generated and sent to your mobile no.
- Enter the OTP and click on “View Loan Status“.
- Present status of your WBMDFC minority education loan will be shown in your screen.
If you have any questions on WBMDFC Minority Scholarship, then comment below.
1 thought on “WBMDFC Minority Scholarship 2023 Payment Status, Eligibility, Application”